Both Towcester and Onley Equine Vets (part of the larger Towcester Vets group) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This document (alongside our Terms & Conditions) sets out the basis of how we use any personal data we store about you. Please read the following criteria produced in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the new GDPR standards that are coming in to force on the 25th May 2018.
When “we” is stated it refers to Towcester & Onley Equine Vets collectively. When “you” is stated it refers to you, a client of our practice.
When registering with Towcester & Onley Equine Vets either on the phone or through www.towcester-vets.co.uk/equine , you understand that we will store your personal data on our database run by Eclipse Software and provide it to carefully selected third parties. We record all of our phone calls for training and monitoring purposes and this is stored securely with Rock Network.
What information do we collect and why:
When you register your horse, pony or donkey with either of our practices you will be asked to provide some essential information to create an account. This will be your:
- full name
- home address
- email address
- phone number
- yard address
- details of the animal you would like to register
These details are used to:
- register you as a new client
- register your equine for vaccine reminders
- process the fees for your equine’s health care
- contact you about your pet, account or credit status
- using the details to prevent and detect fraud and to disclose to legal /debt recover processes if needed
- notify you about changes in our service
How we protect your information:
- Encrypt your personal information on any of our online forms (registration, newsletter etc.)
- Keeping information up to date through regular data cleanses
- Using a secure email system and storing the servers in the building.
- Having a strict client confidentiality protocol that all staff follow
- Our company will never electronically store your card/ payment details.
- We will ensure that no data your provide to our company will be used on devices that do not have the sufficient security measures in place.
- These details will never be sent outside of the EU unless requested by you (the data subject) and only if the company abides by the EU general data protection regulation.
The use and disclosure of personal data:
You must give explicit consent for Towcester & Onley Equine Vets to disclose your data to 3rd party companies to provide you with certain services. We will often send some data to Zoetis (to enlist you for electronic vaccine reminders), insurance companies (your chosen insurance company when you are putting in a claim) and mail chimp (to keep in touch with you about events and offers our practice has to offer). If you’re not happy for your data to be disclosed then you must be aware that Towcester and Onley Equine Vets cannot take responsibility, for example missed vaccines and insurance claims.
If applicable we will contact you before any images, information and documents are used on our website and social media platforms. This consent will then be recorded on your account history. If you do not give consent your service from the practice will not be affected in anyway.
You have the right to remove your personal data from our system at any time, unless your data is required for debt/account recovery purposes, as part of an investigation or as part of our legal obligation under the RCVS to retain records for a period of 7 years following the last dated entry on your account.
If you would like to move practices we can send your a copy of your clinical history and remove your contact information from the record, however we will legally be storing the remaining record for 7 years.
You have the right to access any personal data stored about you that we hold. To obtain a full account history please contact our offices on either 01327 811007 or 01788 523000.