Soft Tissue Surgery
We accept most cases requiring soft tissue surgery. The surgical team is also happy to assess and/or investigate cases which may lead to a surgical outcome such as large tumours, end stage ear disease, acute abdomens, brachycephalic airways syndrome. As we have our own veterinary staff on duty at all times, together with 24 hour nursing provision, we are also able to deal with any acute trauma cases requiring hospitalisation and ongoing treatment.
Common procedures performed include:
- ear surgery: from dealing with management of the chronic ear to performing total ear canal ablation and lateral bulla osteotomy (TECALBO), and ventral bulla osteotomy to deal with nasopharyngeal polyps
- airway surgery: surgical management of brachycephalic airway syndrome (stenotic nares, elongated soft palate, everted laryngeal saccules), arytenoid lateralisation (tie-back) to treat laryngeal paralysis
- abdominal surgery: all aspects of abdominal surgery both open and laparoscopic
- thoracotomy: for investigation of masses, lung lobe resection, correction of vascular ring anomaly
- urogenital surgery: cystotomy, urethrotomy, perineal urethrostomy, perineal herniorrhaphy.
- large tumour removal, reconstructive surgery and wound management
You can find more information on referring a case or getting in touch to discuss a a case in How to Refer a Case.