Reception & Support Staff opportunities
At Towcester Vets we have a wonderful team of receptionists and support staff who all work extremely hard in different areas of our practices.
Often working behind the scenes, our support staff are responsible for much of the smooth running of our practice. They also ensure the rest of our teams have the tools they need to provide the best service.
Our reception staff are often seen as the faces of our practices – a warm welcome from a friendly face will set the tone for the owner and pet’s visit to our practice.
About Towcester Vets
Towcester Vets was established over 100 years ago and is an independently owned, RCVS accredited mixed practice with four sites located in the historic town of Northamptonshire.
Our Small Animal practice has attained Tier Three status and includes a hospital in Towcester, plus two smaller sites in Weedon and Paulerspury. We are also an ISFM Gold standard accredited Cat Friendly Clinic. We employ Receptionists and a variety of Support Staff roles across our business.
Why work with us
Being employed by Towcester Vets means working for an exciting and forward thinking, independent vet practice. We nurture an open and supporting working environment, and invest in our people. We have a competitive salary scale and holiday allowance, and provide full training to all our new recruits.
Reception team – an overview of responsibilities & tasks
- Welcome our clients and their pets to our practices
- Respond to calls from clients and suppliers
- Book and manage appointments
- Provide advice on a variety of animal health topics
- Order and sell food/products
- Provide dispensed medication to clients
- Process insurance claims
- Administration duties
- COVID related cleaning duties
- Provide compassionate support to owners
What it’s like to work in the veterinary industry
“QUOTE FROM RECEPTIONIST”
Our ideal candidates
If you think a career as a receptionist or other support staff worker in the veterinary industry is for you, here is a list of the skills we look for:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Computer literate and able to work on own initiative
- Empathetic and compassionate
- Strong administration skills
- Other support roles at Towcester Vets:
- It takes a wide range of skillsets to run a practice the size of Towcester Vets. Types of non-clinical roles include:
- Human Resources
- Marketing & PR
- Client Accounts Management
- Practice Administration
- IT & Facilities Management