Veterinary Nursing Careers
Our people are at the heart of what we do. We’re extremely proud of the talented and dedicated veterinary nursing team here at Towcester Vets. If you’re thinking about or have already embarked on a career in veterinary nursing, read on to learn how you could develop your career at our vet practices in Northamptonshire.
Current Vacancies Student Nurses
About Towcester Vets
Towcester Vets was established over 100 years ago and is an independently owned, RCVS accredited mixed practice. Our Small Animal practice has attained Tier Three status and includes a hospital in Towcester, plus two smaller sites in Weedon and Paulerspury. We also employ nurses at our two equine units. We are also an ISFM Gold standard accredited Cat Friendly Clinic.
Our team of vets ranges from those who are newly qualified through to those who have obtained a post-graduate certificate in a specialism such as cardiology, while others are working towards certificates in orthopaedics and surgery.
Why work with us
Being employed by Towcester Vets means working for an exciting and forward thinking, independent vet practice. We nurture an open and supporting working environment, and invest in our people. We have a competitive salary scale and holiday allowance, and offer a generous CPD allowance and further training opportunities. Our practices are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and our highly skilled team will welcome and support you from day one.
Veterinary facilities & equipment
Below are just some of the facilities & equipment at our Veterinary Hospital in Towcester:
- Large 24/7/365 Veterinary Hospital including around the clock the care
- 2 x surgical theatres including 1 orthopaedic theatre
- Comprehensive anaesthetic monitoring facilities
- Laparoscopic equipment to complete key-hole surgery
- Imaging facilities including digital x-ray, ultrasound, endoscope and bronchoscope
- High-speed dental unit including dental x-ray
- Extensive laboratory facilities with the same day or immediate results if needed
- Full dispensary
- Separate purpose-built dog and cat wards, and an isolation ward
- Separate dog & cat waiting areas and a separate waiting area for nervous/anxious patients
- Garden for patient exercise
Examples of patient cases
At Towcester Vets you’ll have ample opportunities to strenghthen your skills, working side-by-side with our experienced nurses and veterinary surgeons. Our nursing team assist with a variety of operations, and are responsible for much of our preventative healthcare services.
Our wider nursing team
You don’t have to be a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse to work in Towcester Vets’ nursing team. We also employ Animal Nursing Assistants.
Joining Towcester Vets means joining our family. Our friendly team are here to help you settle in and support you during your career at Towcester Vets in Northamptonshire.
Interested in a career in veterinary nursing? Take a look at our student nursing information. <LINK>