Mobile Horse Vet - Diagnostic Unit
Our team at Towcester Equine Vets appreciate that your veterinary visit may not be appropriate for a routine appointment. If you require a non-emergency visit, why not book yourself in for a Mobile Diagnostic Unit (MDU) visit from our mobile horse vets?
We created the scheme to help owners keep costs to a minimum where possible. Your MDU visit is completed 2 working days after your normal zone visit and is priced at £30 – a reduced call out fee.
These visits can be used when you require more advanced work completing which can be carried out at your yard. We always offer clients the chance to bring their horse into one of our clinics but can fulfil cost-effective alternative where transport is not possible. If you would like a financial estimate for your appointment before you book, please just ask our reception team to help.
Call us on – 01327 811007
We can complete the following examinations on the MDU visits:
- Routine work or health checks – Including dentals, vaccinations, prescription checks and more.
- Lameness examinations – Ridden lameness examination (facilities depending), perform nerve blocks and advise clients on the best course of action moving forward.
- Diagnostic imaging – Using an ultrasound scanner or portable digital x-ray machine. Please note this can only be completed if the yard has access to mains electricity. We unfortunately can’t connect our equipment to a generator due to safety reasons.
- Wolf-tooth extractions – Can be carried out at the client’s yard as long as the vets do not envisage a problem with removal.
- Shockwave and laser therapy – These therapeutic treatments are often used respectively on soft tissue damage or wounds. Equipment must be bought to the yard with the vet and can only be operated from mains electricty.
- Castrations – Routine castrations can be carried out on-yard. However for older horses, those who have previously covered, those hard to handle or any testicular issues, we may request the animal be brought into one of our clinics.
- Repeat joint medication – This is case dependent and will only be booked in under veterinary guidance. Due to the aseptic nature of the procedure we always recommend where possible, for joint medication to be carried out in-clinic.
Our reception team try to ensure case continuity where possible. If you would like to request a specific vet, we ask that you either book in for a standard visit or bring your horse to our clinic. Please note, all clients must book their Mobile Diagnostic Unit visit before 12pm the day before, with a time for the appointment being released that afternoon.
Contact the team today to book in – 01327 811007