Five ways to spoil your pet post-holiday
October 15, 2022
If you are going on holiday without your four-legged friend this half term, or perhaps at Christmas, have you thought about how you are going to spoil them when you get back? The team at Towcester Vets have come up with a few ideas.
Generally, dogs are super excited to see their owners return from a trip. Cats often appear aloof and a little miffed that you went away so do not be surprised if you get the cold cat shoulder for a short while. After they are done sulking, you will receive lots of purrs and leg rubs, we are sure. As for rabbits and small furry pets, we reckon they will be pleased in their own way that their faithful owner has returned.
Whichever type of pet you are returning to in Northamptonshire, our Burcote Road nursing team have come up with five ways to spoil your pet, post-holiday.
1. Extra exercise – It is unlikely your pet sitter will have given your pet the amount of exercise they are used to. Spoil your dog with some extra walks, your cat with more outdoors time or build them a home cat gym, and give your rabbit or small furry some extra exercise time too.
2. Playtime – Spend some quality one-on-one playtime with your pet – ideal for mental stimulation and re-connecting with each other.
3. Grooming & cuddles – Stick on a movie and snuggle up whilst giving your pet a good groom. This not only improves their fur and wellbeing but also strengthens the bond between you.
4. Treats – How about getting some of your pet’s favourite food or treats for them to enjoy?
5. Travel together – Next time you visit the shops or a friend, if you can, take your dog with you and enjoy an outing together.