Our camelid vets are highly experienced in dealing with alpacas and llamas having worked alongside large and small herds for many years working to improve herd health and productivity. The camelid vet team is headed up by Rebecca Edwards who has been awarded the RCVS Certificate in Camelid Practice. Meet our farm team.
Our farm team are all members of the British Veterinary Camelid Society, which ensures we remain up to date with current best practice and can offer the best service to our camelid clients.
We are passionate about preventative healthcare and reducing common problems. Periodically through winter months we offer client meetings on a range of camelid topics, helping to keep abreast of current healthcare. Find out more about our client meetings.
Towcester Farm Vets are happy to offer alpaca vet services and llama vet services listed below. Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss herd and individual requirements.
- Routine examinations and emergency healthcare
- Parasite control and advice – including testing for internal parasites (eg.worms and cocci) and external parasites (eg. mange)
- Tuberculosis (TB) testing (skin and/or blood)
- Plasma transfusion and harvesting for crias
- We hold an annual camelid blood drive
- Certification for export
- Dental examination and treatment
- Routine pregnancy scanning
If you own camelids in Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Warwickshire and Oxfordshire, contact the practice to discuss what our camelid vets can offer your herd.
*NB client meetings will resume once COVID restrictions are further eased (2021)